Ready. Set. Apply.
Nevada’s medical marijuana dispensaries eager to participate in the state’s “early start” recreational program can now apply.
On Monday, Nevada’s Department of Taxation began accepting applications from existing medical marijuana dispensaries wanting to cultivate, manufacture and distribute recreational marijuana in the Silver State. Scheduled to end May 31, the application period has sparked a rush to obtain the proper authorization to sell recreational marijuana to adults 21 over.
Anticipated to start their recreational sales on July 1, below are Nevada’s application guidelines:
- Must be an existing Nevada Medical Marijuana Establishment with valid registration and certificates, in good standing with the state as defined by marijuana regulation T002 – 17
- All licenses, certificates, and fees are current and paid
- No registration certificate suspension for enforcement violations since January 1, 2017
- No citations for illegal activity or criminal conduct
- Have filed a medical marijuana tax return and paid the tax on or before May 31, 2017
How to apply: Qualifying medical marijuana establishments must complete a “Nevada State…