Find answers to the most commonly asked questions about cannabis seeds. Top question: What are the differences between feminized, regular, and autoflowering seeds?
Regular seeds have a roughly 50/50 chance of producing male or female plants. Feminized seeds produce only female plants (roughly 99%). Both regular and feminized seeds are photoperiod dependent: they start flowering based on hours of daylight. Autoflowering seeds produce plants that flower automatically at 2-4 weeks old. All autoflowering seeds are feminized and will therefore only produce female plants.
• Growers on a budget
• Growers actively breeding new strains
• Growers with experience who don’t mind sexing cannabis (separating male plants from female plants)
• Experimental growers
• Growers using the cloning technique for genetic preservation
The cannabis strain that’s right for you depends on several factors:
• The size of your grow space
• Whether you grow indoors or outdoors
• The climate of the location if growing outdoors