Sensible Sensimilla is a weekly column highlighting the most practicable ways to live a carefree, fashionable stoner lifestyle. Part how-to guide, part way of life; fully sensible. This Sunday, Suzy Nguyen kicks off August with a CBD-infused recipe that helps us relax, unwind and enjoy the last days of summer.
Just because summer is halfway over, it doesn’t mean you have to stop your sun-filled celebrations. Whether you’re having a party of one or inviting your best buds over, spice up the last days of summer with some Purple People Eater and Sweet Strawberry Daiquiri CBD-infused jello shots.
Unlike the traditional gelatin shot, our jello shots are infused with CBD — a non-intoxicating cannabinoid known to reduce anxiety, inflammation, and seizures — instead of alcohol. We decided to use Flav CBD Tincture, 100 mg, in the natural flavor.
The Purple People Eater Jello Shot
This shot combines grape flavors with the refreshing taste of watermelon. Purple People Eater shots offer the perfect summer flavors, while its dark complexion makes it versatile for Halloween or other occasions. To begin, you will need:
- 1 cup (237 milliliters) of water
- 1 box (3 oz., or 85 grams) grape gelatin
- 1/3 cup (79 mL) watermelon juice
- Flav CBD tincture
- Boil the water, then pour 1 cup (237 mL) of the boiling water into a large measuring cup.
- Pour in the grape gelatin mix and whisk until the powder dissolves.
- Mix in ⅓ cup (79 mL) of watermelon juice, followed by 8-10 drops of Flav CBD tincture.
- Pour the mix into 1 plastic cups then seal and refrigerate for up to 3 hours or until the jello is solid.
Sweet Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shot
Gut the strawberry to use the fruit as the shot cup. This feature adds an air of sophistication and decadence to your summer snack with fruit-enhanced flavors.
- 1 cup (237 mL) water
- 1 box (3 oz., or 85 grams) strawberry gelatin
- ¼ cup (59 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- Flav CBD tincture
- 1-2 pounds (454-907 g) strawberries
- Granulated sugar for the rim (optional)
- Limes for garnish (optional)
- Dropper, separate from the CBD bottle
- Boil the water.
- While the water is boiling, prepare your strawberries by washing, cutting the tops and bottoms, then removing the cores. Only cut enough of the bottom so the strawberry stands on its own, but not enough to make an opening.
- Set the strawberries on a baking sheet.
- Once the water is boiled, stir in the strawberry gelatin mix until it dissolves.
- Add 8-10 drops of Flav CBD Tincture and ¼ cup (59 mL) of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Line up the strawberries and use a dropper to fill the fruit with the gelatin mix.
- Refrigerate for two to three hours.
Note: If you want to fancy it up some more, add garnish to the rim with some granulated sugar and lime. Cut the lime into mini-wedges.
So there you have it — a couple of CBD-infused jello shot recipes to relieve any anxiety or inflammation you might be feeling, and to keep the summer celebration going.
You can also use flavored CBD tinctures for additional flavor, so experiment with different combinations and share your recipes in the comments below.